Reading Challenge 2018
I have had so much fun looking at all of the new reading challenges out there for 2018 but I really wanted to create my own reading challenge.
2017 has been there year that I have rekindled my love affair with reading. In the past I became stuck in the literary fiction genre which is made up of books that are deep and slow to read. It made my progress through ‘all the books’ really slow.
This year, I forced myself to try different books from different genres and I really started enjoying reading again.
So for 2018, I created this reading challenge to push myself even further. I hope you join me too. Follow along with my progress on my bookstagram here.
a love lives here reading challenge for 2018
1. Re-read a book you loved
2. Read a book that you’ve watched the movie of and loved
3. Read a book by a South African author
4. Read a book by an author from a place you have always wanted to visit
5. Read a graphic novel
6. Read any book of poetry
7. Read one of the classics
8. Read a book that’s due to be released as a movie this year
9. Read a book released in 2018
10. Read a book that was published the year you were born
11. Read a book you can read in a day
12. Read a book that’s over 1000 pages long
13. Read a book recommended by a librarian
14. Read a book that’s been on your TBR pile for the longest time
15. Read a book that’s mentioned in another book
16. Read a book from Rory Gilmore’s reading list
17. Read a Man Booker Prize winner
18. Read a book written be a Nobel Prize in Literature Laureate
19. Read a book that you’ve started and never finished
20. Read a book with a holiday theme (Christmas etc)
21. Read a book based on a historical event
22. Read a book by Jane Austen
23. Read a book in a genre that you’ve always wanted to try but haven’t gotten around to
24. Read a book with a female heroine
25. Read a book that has been translated from another language
26. Read a book by an author of colour
27. Read a book with a queer protagonist
28. Read a popular YA novel
29. Read the first book of a new series
30. Read a book in a series you’ve already started
I will be posting on my choices in each selection as well as book reviews and more, so subscribe to receive my blog posts if you don’t want to miss out!
If you enjoyed this post, we recommend the following as additional reading.
In January 2017 I challenged myself to read more books than the year before. The goal was 52 books, a book for each week (it’s what the happier, healthier, more successful people are doing, you know). Oh my, how I failed so miserably… I later changed my goal to 30 books and I didn’t…